The Philippine Embassy in Dili hereby informs the Filipino Community in Timor-Leste that President Francisco Guterres Lú Olo has declared the re-imposition of a “State of Emergency” in the entire country from 12:00MN of 06 August until 11:59PM of 04 September 2020.
In implementing the State of Emergency, the TL Government approved a Decree Law No. 10/2020 dated 07 July 2020, enforcing measures to prevent, control, and mitigate COVID-19 transmission in Timor-Leste.
Under this Decree Law No. 10/2020, All persons entering the country are required of the following:
- 14-day quarantine period in facilities established by the Government or home quarantine subject to the approval of the MOH;
- Those who presents symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever of greater than 38 degree centigrade, cough and/or breathing difficulties will be prevented from travelling, and will be taken to a health facility to perform diagnostic tests of COVID-19;
- Positive cases will be subject to therapeutic isolation.
In exceptional cases justified by reasons of safety and security of the population, the Ministry of Interior may temporarily orders the closure of its borders.
Further, the Decree Law enforces preventive measures to all social activities as follows:
- All persons are required to protect themselves by wearing a protective masks;
- Wash their hands regularly; and
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 1.5 meters from others.
During the State of Emergency, licenses, authorizations and other administrative acts and documents remain valid regardless of the expiry date.
Please be guided accordingly.
Dili, 10 August 2020